Supervisor’s Report of November 10, 2014
November 14, 2014
~ by New Castle Supervisor Rob Greenstein
• New Business Development Advisory Committee formed
• Town Prepares for Winter
Business Development Advisory Committee
The Downtown Business Development Committee (“DBDC”) is being established to assist the long-term economic stability of the Town’s downtown business district while maintaining the small town values and community spirit that assure New Castle is a great place to live, work, play, invest and conduct business. The DBDC will engage with the business community to attract desirable new community investment, help existing businesses expand, recruit targeted new businesses and enrich the life of the community. The DBDC will also make recommendations to the New Castle government regarding strategic redevelopment opportunities for Town owned downtown property and make recommendations regarding the highest and best uses based on current market conditions. DBDC is committed to the revitalization of downtown Chappaqua. The vision for the revitalization of downtown Chappaqua will be the catalyst for a dynamic and growing partnership among members of the community, business owners and local government.
Town of New Castle Winter Preparedness
• We have our contract in place for weather notifications from Universal Weather Service
• We have on hand a salt supply to handle 6 to 9 storm events
• We have a contractual relationship with the same NYS Office of General Services salt supplier as last year
• Liquid anti-icing/de-icing solutions on-hand to handle 4 to 5 storms
• All plow trucks are current on service
• All drop-in spreaders have been serviced and ready for installation by Friday November 14
• Spare plow blade inventory is adequate
• 2 new F-550 snow spreaders are on order to be delivered by end of November
• One replacement plow truck is being added to our fleet
• All 17 designated primary plow operators have received the Cornell University Snow-Ice Operations and Safety Training; additionally, all 5 back-up drivers have received this training
• Rental Bobcat for sidewalk clearing will arrive shortly
• Currently working with NYS Department Of Transportation on obtaining space in Millwood Salt Shed to supply our “west-end” trucks
Town Supervisor’s Report 11/10/14 from New Castle Media Center on Vimeo.
How is this winter preparedness different from last year?
Was there a problem with past years readiness?. Why do you need to let us know any of this?